If you follow the Barn Light Electric Facebook page, you may have noticed a photo yesterday from one of our favorite north-of-the-border designers — Alykhan Velji of Calgary, Canada. We featured Aly’s special touch in a previous blog post when he created a nursery using a sophisticated palette of grey and white then highlighted the space with brilliant yellow accents. Aly has worked his magic again in a child’s space, this time a bathroom, where the color yellow makes another splash.Read More
Ah, the poor powder room. It’s one of the smallest rooms in the house and often ignored when it comes to lighting. In creating or renovating a powder room, most people focus on stylish tile or fancy faucets rather than the lighting that will help guests navigate the space. Even if you don’t have a constant stream of guests, the powder room probably gets used every single day by family members making a quick pit stop instead of heading off to the big bathroom upstairs.Read More
There’s nothing like starting from a clean slate. This gorgeous home in Sag Harbour, New York, was built on the existing foundation from the former residence. Its location in a wooded clearing led the creative minds at Studio Tim Campbell to design the home as a simple, yet modern farmhouse with a nod to the vernacular of the area.
“We chose to manipulate this aesthetic with a more modern, yet still minimal and understated interior referencing woods, stones, and luxurious fabrics,” says Tanis Paul, senior designer and project manager with the firm. For the exterior, the team chose a classic barn wall sconce to illuminate the simple design.Read More
We’re almost three months away from Labor Day, which means it’s time to pull out your favorite white linen pants and milk glass — gotta enjoy it while you can! We’re a little partial to white because it is one of the finishes in our beautiful Porcelain RLM collection. Our collection of white accents isn’t just limited to lighting. Here’s a sampling of some of our finest white home decor accessories!
1. Tired of hum-drum ceiling fans? Our Flute Ceiling Fan shows a modern twist on fluted Roman columns without sacrificing function. Its damp weather rating makes it perfect for interiors as well as cooling down covered porches!
2. Use this shabby chic vintage Medicine Cabinet to hide away unwanted counter clutter or mount it atop your contemporary office furniture for a stylish office supply cabinet.
3. Porcelain enamel cups are perfect for sharing special snacks and beverages with the ones you love. Who could turn down a refreshing cold glass of chocolate milk after dinner?
4. Be kind to the earth and your energy bill with LED light fixtures! Our Avalon Porcelain Stem Mount LED Light is one trendy light fixture with its sleek warehouse shade and tiered canopy.
5. Opal glass schoolhouse sconces like The Mascot wall light bring all of the charm and sophistication of our classic schoolhouse light fixtures with a compact and practical wall mount. These would look lovely paired beside a tufted headboard, don’t you think?
6. Inspired by old train-station clocks, the Lille Tin Wall Clock is a welcomed addition to our Vintage Time Keeping collection. This antique replica features slightly distressed white painted tin while bold black Roman numerals keep time with style.
Looking for more inspirational white decor? Join our Pinterest community and check out our Pristine White board.Read More
In the shadow of Mount Mansfield, in the town of Underhill, Vermont, our Featured Customer Martine envisioned a warm, country feel for her bathroom remodel. It would also include her heart’s desire — a claw foot tub.
“We are surrounded by nature and I wanted a farmhouse type feel,” Martine says. “I felt it was important to have a light that was custom and unique to be the center of attention.” Martine selected a 10″ Bantam Laramie Wall Sconce which is a popular fixture in our Barn Wall Sconces collection. She chose a Bronze finish for the fixture which is mounted above the rough-hewn vanity which was, as Martine says, “crafted by my honey who is a carpenter.”Read More