We’re almost three months away from Labor Day, which means it’s time to pull out your favorite white linen pants and milk glass — gotta enjoy it while you can! We’re a little partial to white because it is one of the finishes in our beautiful Porcelain RLM collection. Our collection of white accents isn’t just limited to lighting. Here’s a sampling of some of our finest white home decor accessories!
1. Tired of hum-drum ceiling fans? Our Flute Ceiling Fan shows a modern twist on fluted Roman columns without sacrificing function. Its damp weather rating makes it perfect for interiors as well as cooling down covered porches!
2. Use this shabby chic vintage Medicine Cabinet to hide away unwanted counter clutter or mount it atop your contemporary office furniture for a stylish office supply cabinet.
3. Porcelain enamel cups are perfect for sharing special snacks and beverages with the ones you love. Who could turn down a refreshing cold glass of chocolate milk after dinner?
4. Be kind to the earth and your energy bill with LED light fixtures! Our Avalon Porcelain Stem Mount LED Light is one trendy light fixture with its sleek warehouse shade and tiered canopy.
5. Opal glass schoolhouse sconces like The Mascot wall light bring all of the charm and sophistication of our classic schoolhouse light fixtures with a compact and practical wall mount. These would look lovely paired beside a tufted headboard, don’t you think?
6. Inspired by old train-station clocks, the Lille Tin Wall Clock is a welcomed addition to our Vintage Time Keeping collection. This antique replica features slightly distressed white painted tin while bold black Roman numerals keep time with style.
Looking for more inspirational white decor? Join our Pinterest community and check out our Pristine White board.Read More
When Hélène of Pointe-Claire, Quebec began remodeling her kitchen, she wanted the various new elements, fixtures, and pendant lighting to respect the history of her centennial home.
“I wanted all of the new features to be in unity with the rest of the house,” Hélène says. “It is quite old. When I dig deep enough in the garden, I find horseshoes!” Hélène was striving for a country chic look but also the unpretentious, warm feel of a French farm. Hélène chose Barn Light Electric’s 12″ Ivanhoe™ Sinclair Porcelain Pendant in a Graphite finish with a white canopy and polished nickel socket with a knob switch. Based on original 1930s designs, the Sinclair Pendant follows a simple industrial style with timeless appeal. Like all of our porcelain enamel lights, the Sinclair is American made with a baked-on porcelain enamel finish meant for a lifetime of use. Hélène also chose the black cotton twist cord for her new pendants for even more vintage flair.Read More
If you’ve been out and about this week, you probably noticed the store shelves are looking pretty bare. The hordes of post-holiday shoppers have ravaged the wrapping paper leftovers, and Valentine’s candy is quickly filling up the empty shelf space. But if you think your chances of getting a great holiday deal went over the fiscal cliff, think again. You still have time to save during the last hours of our Holiday Sale! You have until 11:59pm PST tonight to save 10% on any member of our Porcelain Enamel Lighting family and get Free Shipping on any item on our site.Read More
In the seaside town of Sag Harbor, decorator Natasha Esch and her husband, Matthew Coffin, have painstakingly restored and renovated an historic 19th-century storefront building. Using a mix of rustic wood and industrial metal decor, the pair created a stunning environment for Esch’s predilection toward European midcentury design. In this photo, a variety of midcentury chairs dot the open floor plan, and in the soaring space above, rustic posts and beams recycled from an old barn add warmth along with the refinished oak flooring. Hanging from those beams and shooting light directly below are deep bowl pendants much like our new Wilcox Studio Light. Part of our Ivanhoe™ collection of cord-hung pendants, this fixture features a unique mount that combines a suspension cable with a cord to give a visual hint of movement to the fixture.Read More
Amanda Blake Soule – devoted wife, published author and mother of five, writes one of our favorite blogs called Soulemama. While her blog and family life keep her plenty busy, she’s also our featured customer today. Not too long ago, the Soule family moved into a 200 year old farmhouse in western Maine. While the home had “good bones,” it was in need of many renovations; they envisioned turning this farmhouse into a functionable home for their young and growing family. Amanda and her husband even let her young ones get in on the farmhouse facelift – they each got to pick out their favorite paint color for the bedrooms. The vibrant colors that are now adorning the walls add creative character to the home, including the light lime green within the library and craft room.Read More