Last week I enjoyed an afternoon borrowing a friend’s kitchen to bake some ooey-gooey chocolate cookies. We had such a blast baking with her vintage kitchen goods. I was partial to the Sift-Chine Hand Mixer (I know…I’m a lazy girl!) and was particularly amused with how many of her antique kitchen appliances were American-made. It was a beautiful reminder of how classic, American made products have stood the test of time, and definitely inspired my to fill my own kitchen with goods that will last.Read More
The Streamline Moderne look has been on everyone’s mind, and in light of this week’s launch of our newest wall sconce collection, we want to show you how to channel this retro-era in your own home. Sleek, horizontal lines and rounded corners are telltale signs of Streamline Moderne and you can often spot them at old-school Greyhound stations and nostalgic diners.
This movement has heavily influenced interior design as well. We were tickled pink when we stumbled across this midcentury atomic-styled home from the Portland Homes and Living blog. The clean, airy feeling of the space that is achieved with the use of white and galvanized appliances and glass accents is still relevant to today’s design tastes.
Retro accessories like vintage napkin holders are easily accessible online and at local antique shops. Pair them with minimalist salt and pepper shakers on a Chromcraft Retro Counter Height Dining Table and you’re on your way to having your very own period dinette. Bring a vintage look to your table with our newest collection of porcelain enamel dishes. Now you can enjoy fresh strawberries and ice cream in a cobalt-blue-and-white graniteware bowl with a fresh batch of crepes on a pristine porcelain plate.
Don’t eat in the dark! Our new Streamline Sconces imitate their namesake-era’s polished aesthetic, and they come in a variety of custom colors. Have you ever dreamed of your dinnerware matching your lighting? Consider it possible!
1. Image courtesy of Kathryn Madison, author of Portland Homes and Living
2. Greyhound Photograph via Lauren Mitchell
3. Vintage Napkin Holder from olliesfinethings
4. Retro Counter Height Dining Table from Chromcraft
5. Build-Your-Own Graniteware Bowl Collection from Barn Light Electric
6. Build-Your-Own Graniteware Plate Collection from Barn Light Electric
7. Atomic Streamline Industrial Guard Sconce from Barn Light Electric
8. Atomic Topless Streamline Industrial Guard Sconce from Barn Light Electric
9. Streamline Industrial Guard Sconce from Barn Light ElectricRead More