The new year is swiftly approaching, which means it’s time to make some resolutions for 2014. If you’re simply stumped on what to do, how about making the resolution to purchase quality, American-made lighting! With the help of our staff and friends, we picked 12 of our favorite products to go alone with our 12 Day Holiday Sale!
View our selection of American-made goods after the jump…Read More
The not-so-secret recipe for the amazing food you’ll find at any Bareburger restaurant in New York is listed right on their website. Organic, grass-fed, all natural, and sustainable are just a few of the words they use to describe the fare they create every day with the help of local farmers. And the founders take just as much care when it comes to designing their restaurant spaces using recycled, reclaimed, and sustainable materials. Two new locations feature one of our favorite upcycled lighting fixtures — The Mig Retro Steel Industrial Pendant.Read More
Earth Day is tomorrow! How are you celebrating? At Barn Light Electric, we love to recycle classic trends and give new life to abandoned materials through our upcycled products. We’re not the only people to embrace this lifestyle. So many independent crafters and brands have accepted the challenge of creating products out of recycled resources and we’re loving the result.
This Style Me Sunday, we have picked some of our favorite reycled and upcycled interior decorations and products to share from charming locals around the internet.
1. What do you do with spare wood salvaged from old fences and construction projects? Christine from thisfinedayhome created unique and modern planters! Crafted from cedar fence posts, these Faceted Wood Planter Polygon are perfect for adding a natural touch to desk décor and window gardens.
2. Are you and your pet constantly on the go? Aimee from Atomic Attic found the solution. This Upcycled Vintage Train Case Pet Feeder clever accessory isn’t just great because of its retro styling, but its nifty storage!
3. These little Sustainable Seed “Bombs” make an ingenious way to sprinkle seeds around your yard and neighborhood. Simply toss and water, and these balls will break into natural fertilizers that help wildflowers to grow! Plus, they come in a delightful, screen-printed bag from Visualingual!
4. “Rustic and eco-friendly!” are the perfect way to describe these Recycled Kraft CD Sleeves fromleboxboutique . Shop owner Lacey show how to accessorize these sleeves with twine, recycled gift wrapping, and salvaged fixings for extra personality!
5. WHITEStardust gives vintage lace and doilies new life with these beige Wedding Garlands. Use these as delicate window coverings or for display, and you are not only adding a feminine accent, but a bit of antique craftsmenship.
6. Barn Light Electric has taken a classic American kitchen-staple, the mason jar, and turned it into a vintage inspired light fixture! The Vintage Ball Perfect Blue Mason Jar Pendant is the perfect conversation piece for kitchen islands, commercial bars, or loft lighting!
7. Last but not least…Our Jadite Mig! This top-selling pendant light is fashioned from acetylene tank tops and detailed with a distressed and colorful finish. Staying “green” plus re-purposing an industrial part makes this decorative pendant the perfect lighting accessory for Earth Day!
How are you “going green” this Earth Day? Inspire others for a chance to win a Barn Light Electric Original™ Warehouse LED Pendant by joining our Earth Day Giveaway!Read More
When he purchased a piece of property last year with a nice home but no garage, today’s Featured Customer realized he was finally going to have his dream space. We talk with Mark in Arkansas about the creation of his combined garage and man cave that was designed with some serious inspiration from his favorite NFL team — the Seattle Seahawks. The perfect lighting? Our Mig Retro Steel Industrial Pendants — in blue and green of course!Read More
With three miles of uninterrupted public beaches, salt marshes teeming with birds, diverse cuisine, and plenty of casual nightlife, our recent foray onto Tybee Island, just over the bridge from Savannah, Georgia, held plenty of distractions for our photographer Lauren, and her able assistant Julie. The pair were focused, however, on capturing images of some of our newest wall sconces, nautical style chandeliers, and other items for our upcoming Summer catalog.Read More