Earth Day is tomorrow! How are you celebrating? At Barn Light Electric, we love to recycle classic trends and give new life to abandoned materials through our upcycled products. We’re not the only people to embrace this lifestyle. So many independent crafters and brands have accepted the challenge of creating products out of recycled resources and we’re loving the result.
This Style Me Sunday, we have picked some of our favorite reycled and upcycled interior decorations and products to share from charming locals around the internet.
1. What do you do with spare wood salvaged from old fences and construction projects? Christine from thisfinedayhome created unique and modern planters! Crafted from cedar fence posts, these Faceted Wood Planter Polygon are perfect for adding a natural touch to desk décor and window gardens.
2. Are you and your pet constantly on the go? Aimee from Atomic Attic found the solution. This Upcycled Vintage Train Case Pet Feeder clever accessory isn’t just great because of its retro styling, but its nifty storage!
3. These little Sustainable Seed “Bombs” make an ingenious way to sprinkle seeds around your yard and neighborhood. Simply toss and water, and these balls will break into natural fertilizers that help wildflowers to grow! Plus, they come in a delightful, screen-printed bag from Visualingual!
4. “Rustic and eco-friendly!” are the perfect way to describe these Recycled Kraft CD Sleeves fromleboxboutique . Shop owner Lacey show how to accessorize these sleeves with twine, recycled gift wrapping, and salvaged fixings for extra personality!
5. WHITEStardust gives vintage lace and doilies new life with these beige Wedding Garlands. Use these as delicate window coverings or for display, and you are not only adding a feminine accent, but a bit of antique craftsmenship.
6. Barn Light Electric has taken a classic American kitchen-staple, the mason jar, and turned it into a vintage inspired light fixture! The Vintage Ball Perfect Blue Mason Jar Pendant is the perfect conversation piece for kitchen islands, commercial bars, or loft lighting!
7. Last but not least…Our Jadite Mig! This top-selling pendant light is fashioned from acetylene tank tops and detailed with a distressed and colorful finish. Staying “green” plus re-purposing an industrial part makes this decorative pendant the perfect lighting accessory for Earth Day!
How are you “going green” this Earth Day? Inspire others for a chance to win a Barn Light Electric Original™ Warehouse LED Pendant by joining our Earth Day Giveaway!