Nautically inspired interior design takes the cake for this summer’s breakout home decor trend. Easy accents like charming Bulkhead Wall Mount Light Fixtures and marine lantern style lighting carry the spirit of adventure into seaside retreats across the nation. We love spaces that make us dream, and that is why we’re looking “up” for the next big interior design trend. It’s time to take our rooms to new heights with aviation inspired decor!
Pull out your model airplanes, it’s time to get aeronautically charged style!
Don’t forget that tomorrow begins our Illuminating Spaces Photo Contest! Check out the official rules to learn how to enter and win big prizes!Read More
Gina and her growing family have been living in their Fort Collins, Colorado, home for seven years. Built in 1907, the 1300-square-foot home was beginning to feel cramped so Gina decided to reinvent her historic home to give it a more modern feel while still retaining its vintage charm.
“We decided to add a second story for kids’ rooms and a bathroom, and gut the entire first floor so we could have more living space,” Gina says. “We wanted more open space instead of the many small rooms of our modest Victorian.” With the help of the design/build team from High Craft Builders, the couple added three bedrooms and a bath, changed the first floor bath to a powder room, and redid the kitchen, family room, and dining room. For the kids’ bath upstairs, Gina wanted something retro yet clean and modern looking.Read More
We’re almost three months away from Labor Day, which means it’s time to pull out your favorite white linen pants and milk glass — gotta enjoy it while you can! We’re a little partial to white because it is one of the finishes in our beautiful Porcelain RLM collection. Our collection of white accents isn’t just limited to lighting. Here’s a sampling of some of our finest white home decor accessories!
1. Tired of hum-drum ceiling fans? Our Flute Ceiling Fan shows a modern twist on fluted Roman columns without sacrificing function. Its damp weather rating makes it perfect for interiors as well as cooling down covered porches!
2. Use this shabby chic vintage Medicine Cabinet to hide away unwanted counter clutter or mount it atop your contemporary office furniture for a stylish office supply cabinet.
3. Porcelain enamel cups are perfect for sharing special snacks and beverages with the ones you love. Who could turn down a refreshing cold glass of chocolate milk after dinner?
4. Be kind to the earth and your energy bill with LED light fixtures! Our Avalon Porcelain Stem Mount LED Light is one trendy light fixture with its sleek warehouse shade and tiered canopy.
5. Opal glass schoolhouse sconces like The Mascot wall light bring all of the charm and sophistication of our classic schoolhouse light fixtures with a compact and practical wall mount. These would look lovely paired beside a tufted headboard, don’t you think?
6. Inspired by old train-station clocks, the Lille Tin Wall Clock is a welcomed addition to our Vintage Time Keeping collection. This antique replica features slightly distressed white painted tin while bold black Roman numerals keep time with style.
Looking for more inspirational white decor? Join our Pinterest community and check out our Pristine White board.Read More
Our love of mid-century style runs long and deep — from streamline moderne to atomic age industrial. Geometrical, aeronautical angles and emphasis on clean, simple lines take center stage in this trend and are perfect for office and organizational spaces. In our mid-century inspired office, we are taking our favorite elements of this interior design style and making them relevant for today’s home.
Every office and craft room needs a great work space. This Retro White and Gray Desk has a slim style that would look great paired with a cozy, tufted chair. It’s important to remember these contrasting accents that infuse current products — after all, you aren’t working in a time capsule! A Storm Grey Chevron Cushion makes a bold and artistic accent.
Put your space to work by composing some thoughtfully worded letters on memorable, hand-crafted Map Stationary. Retro lighting and clocks will remind you of iconic designs and designers like the Mouille Style Eye Wall Sconce and Bullit Mantel Alarm Clock.
We’ve expanded our line of Modern Pendants! Influenced by tribal beat lights, our Diwali Modern Pendant has sculptural impact that takes your pendant lighting from “blah” to “wow.” The Madrid Modern Pendant has a classic deep bowl light shape, but its compact size makes it perfect for contemporary rooms with constricted space. Even small spaces deserve swag lighting!
1. Map Stationary from bookBW | 2. Storm Grey Chevron Cushion from belljarinteriors | 3. Madrid Modern Pendant from belljarinteriors | 4. Diwali Modern Pendant from BarnLightElectric | 5. Bullit Mantel Alarm Clock from BarnLightElectric | 6. Retro White and Gray Desk from departmentChicago | 7. Mouille Style Eye Wall Sconce from BarnLightElectricRead More
When we spotted the utilitarian interiors of the Barista Parlour on Zarna’s Runway, we got the impression that someone on their interior design team had a little crush on vintage-inspired pendant lighting. With its high, vaulted ceilings, exposed wiring, and masculine wood accents, this coffee shop plays up the rustic side of commercial design. You can get this look by incorporating some of these antiquated details.Read More
Where do you hang your stockings? We’ve seen quite the gamut of locations. From traditional mantels, stair railings, and bookshelves to free hanging stockings–there’s something promising about these little places just waiting to be stuffed with knick knacks and candy. For today’s Style Me Sunday, we’re creating a mantel piece that will rival your Christmas tree for center of attention.
Our cozy mantel was inspired by this Faux Fireplace re-do from the The Rooster and The Hen blog. Flocked Fraser Fir Garland with a light misting of white snow looks adorable draped across the corners. Vintage inspired wall sconces like the Chesapeake Bay Mirrored Wall Sconce and the Norwalk Wall Sconce both feature Nostalgic Edison style bulbs that give off a warm, almost candle-like glow.
Michelle Fritz’s Burlap Stockings are so shabby chic and look lovely besides other vintage accessories like the Bullit Mantel Alarm Clock. We love her idea of displaying fresh greenery in the stockings before Santa arrives to fill them with goodies!
Industrial home goods like the Tapering Zinc Containers add a little edge while being practical for storing fireplace accessories. The Industrial Metal Adjustable Stool is great for extra seating, but can also be used as a mantel-side table to hold your charming Enamelware Cups.
Speaking of stockings, our 2012 Holiday Sale is still going strong for another 12 days! If you haven’t taken advantage of our free shipping, now’s the time. As an additional bonus, we’re giving you 10% off all American made Porcelain Enamel lighting fixtures. Just enter the code STOCKING12 to redeem the discount!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Barn Light Electric!